To All PMEA Members:
WELCOME BACK TO ANOTHER EXCITING SCHOOL YEAR!! Remember that PMEA serves as an ADVOCATE for you, and shares the yoke of advocating for music education along with you in your schools. Here are some of the ways PMEA can help you:
1. PMEA devotes a section on ADVOCACY on its website: http://www.pmea.net/specialty-areas/advocacy/
2. Mark Despotakis serves as Chair, PMEA Advancement of Music Education Council: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. District 11 has an ADVOCACY Representative to communicate with the membership. Currently, I am serving in this position, so please feel free to contact me with your questions, concerns, and comments: Debbie Lynn Wolf, Cairn University email@example.com.
A quick update from me on advocacy activities happening in PA, according to Mark Despotakis:
1) We’re starting to see responses coming in for our project answering the question “How has music education impacted your life?” However, we need you to continue to promote this even more. The book project will only be successful if we have responses from every county in the state. We want all state legislators to be able to open this book and find their own constituents. Please continue to promote this website:https://pmea.wufoo.com/forms/how-has-music-education-impacted-your-life/
2) I’m still waiting for responses from the gubernatorial candidates on the questions submitted to them. I have reached out to the campaigns again and only the Corbett campaign has responded to acknowledge that they have received the questions.
3) Two dates to note of events that you might like to participate in:
– 2014 Arts and Education Symposium – Thursday, October 2, 2014 – State Museum of Pennsylvania in Harrisburg You can find more information athttp://www.artseducationpa.org
– SupportMusic.com and The John Lennon Educational Tour Bus Community Forum – October 15, 2015 – Richardson Middle School, Springfield, PA You can find more information at http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e9ribjvdde45c514&llr=5w7ndndab